Friday, September 26, 2008

Celebrate Good Times, COME ON!

Six months and hundreds of applications later...Ben got a job! Yeah! We are very excited. I think out of the many, many jobs he applied for, this really is THE job for him. He will enjoy it and be great at it. The job is with:

His title is "Telecom Technician". What that means exactly...I dunno. Something with networking and maintaining computers, cell phones, radios and all that technological stuff. We're thrilled to have insurance again (now we can get hurt and sick again =)...but my "single mom" status won't be changing soon enough because the job is in...

That's right, the Wood family is moving to Good ole' Vernal. This new adventure is bitter-sweet for us. We have loved our new home here in Stansbury Park and are very sad to leave. But through this trial we've been given I've learned a lot and the biggest thing I've learned is that we can live anywhere, as long as we're all together as a family. So as soon as the house sells (hopefully sooner than later) we'll be starting down our new road in life.

11 comments:

kennyandkristin said...

Congrats on the new job. It is crazy how much we learn when times are hard. I agree with you on being with you family. Hopefully you can sell you house soon. Good Luck in Vernal. If we ever make it to the Dinosaur Park, we will have to get together.

Hope said...

You just couldn't stay away from Dinosaurland, could you??? :)

Change can be so hard, but I am so happy for you and this new opportunity! At least you will be closer to grandparents and also, who doesn't love Vernal? Anyway, I know it's been a very difficult time for you. I can't imagine. But I have to give you praises because you have always presented yourself as positive and having a lot of faith. I'm sure you had your down moments, but I'm confident what brought this job, this blessing, was the faith you had in receiving answers to your prayers. CONGRATULATIONS! Good luck with selling your house. I've never seen the interior but on the outside it looks like a gorgeous home. I'm sure it will sell in no time!

Leah and Mike said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! So happy for you guys...but so sad for us :(

Tracie said...

Yeah! I'm so glad, nothing is more stressful. We will keep you in our prayers, not only that you will be safe while Ben is gone, but also that your house will sell quickly. Miss you guys, and can't believe how big your boys are getting.

Crystal P said...

Congratulations on the new job! We've totally been where you are now. Here's hoping you can sell the house soon. We did the thing where Bryan was in SLC during the week while the kids and I were in Hurricane, and boy is that NOT FUN! But, it will all be okay in the end. You'll make it through, and you are certainly on your way. Good luck!

Mindy said...

Welcome home :)

De'dy Meng said...

Wow Tami!! That is great that Ben got a job!! I will have you in my prayers that your house sells soon so you can be with your hubby!!

Emily said...

Welcome Back! Moving back to Vernal was an adjustment for Chris and I, too. But we really enjoy being closer to family. E-mail me and I will give you listings for houses or decent apartments. (I have a few connections!) Good luck with the move.
chrisemclark@hotmail.com

Aim said...

YEA!! I totally know what you have been going through, I am so happy for you! Now if I'm ever in Vernal I could see you and Mindy!

Penrod Family said...

Congratulations on the new job!!! Yeah!!!! That is the best news I have read all day.

Jesenia said...

I am so glad that he got a job, that is exciting!! Good luck with the house selling. Take care.