Tuesday, October 14, 2008

7 Years!

Ben and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary this weekend. What a wonderful seven years it has been. Now it hasn't been ALL roses and rainbows (but yes, mostly) but it's those difficult times that have brought us more together and more appreciative of each other. Love ya babe!


We went up to Snowbird on Friday evening and rode the tram up the mountain. It was beautiful with all the fall colors. We weren't exactly prepared for how cold it would be at 11,000 feet (20 degrees) but we had a fun time. We then went to dinner at THE AERIE. We were one of the two couples in the whole restaurant, I guess the rush for the ski lodges hadn't yet begun. We enjoyed dinner then stopped by the Cheesecake factory for some desseret which we took up to the Salt Lake temple.


I thought this was cool. When we were going up you couldn't see where the cable was taking us.
This is where it all began:

Ben and I went on our first date together to our Junior Prom. From there we survived a few breakups, me going off to college, Ben going on a mission...but in the end, we knew we belonged together.

K, so when I was looking through pictures, I found our senior pictures. Recognize these people?


This was taken at our wedding dinner we had that evening at the Lion House.

Happy Anniversary!

13 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh. My. Goodness. You both look like your in Jr. High in those wedding pics?! Wow, crazy how fast time flys. Great pic of you up at the top of the mountain...you look great! Happy Anniversary :)

Shafferprincess said...

Congrats on 7 years! Tami, you probably don't remember me, but Ben will. I was in Hi-Lites with him, and then I ran into Ben a couple of times at church in Taylorsville! And, I love the pictures from high school. Brings back good memories of Hi-Lites! Congrats again!

Renee (Goodrich) Shaffer

Leah and Mike said...

Happy Anniversary!! Looks like you guys had a great time. Those High School pictures are great! You guys look SO young - time flies!!

Natalie said...

Happy Anniversary!! It looks like you had a good time. I love the HS pics, you guys look so young:)

Jessica Sanders said...

Love your hair Tami, it looks so cute! Also, I do recognize the people in those pictures, Ben looks like Mason! Or Mason looks like Ben. I love the dance picture, it is so cute. I wish Michael and I knew eachother back in the day too so we could have some fun pics like those!

Crystal P said...

Congratulations!!! You guys are great together, you always have been. Even all that time ago when we were in High School!

Penrod Family said...

Tami, this was awesome, the pictures were fabulous. I loved them all especially the ones of the view up at Snowbird. I absolutely love it up there. Very, very cool! Happy Anniversary. Ben and I are 7 years too, where has the time gone? AHHHH (I am an idiot, I can never get thsese goofy word verification things. ugh!)

Shay said...

Aaron has pictures sporting that exact hairdo Ben has in his senior picture: long, blonde & parted right down the center!! I loved seeing the prom picture.

That tram picture really is cool.

Jaime said...

Congrats you guys. That's crazy. I was at home the other week and was going through some boxes my parents wanted out and found the binder you made for me when I moved of memories we had together. It was so sweet. Then I found some pictures of us at Lagoon I think in Jr High and there was one with you and me and Ben and I just thought, "so funny that they are married now, who'd a thunk at that time." It was fun to reminisce (sp). Looks like you guys had fun on your date. We should get together before you move, if you have time. That would be fun.

kennyandkristin said...

I love all the old pictures. Where did you guys go to high school? Soooo cute. I want to know the story of how you two came about.

Hollie Wood said...

WOOHOO!! Happy Anniversary!!

Tracie said...

congrats! You both look so much more "Mature" I would have recognized you maybe but not Ben. Miss you guys and hope all is going better with the new job.

Sarah Larsen said...

I didn't know you guys have an anniversary right by ours! How fun to see those pictures!! Congrats.