The shorter version of the story:
At my 39 week appt I was I dialated to a 2. If I hadn't had the baby by my next appt the dr would strip my membrains and we would go from there. But a few days later, I ended up calling the Dr and scheduling to be induced. My mom was here from Hawaii but was going to be in Salt Lake for 3 days because my dad was having surgery. So to make sure the baby came when my mom would be here, we scheduled to go into the hospital March 29.
7:00 am - We got to the hospital, did paper work, got hooked up to my IVs and they started my first dose of antibiotic for Group Strep B. I HATE this! My whole arm feels like it's on fire for about 1/2 hour. They try and get at least 2 doses of this in, one dose every 4 hours.
9:00 am - Pitocin was started.
10:30 am - The dr came in and broke my water. The fluid was a greenish color which meant baby had had a bowel movement. Because of this, they hooked me up to a hose that shot water inside to keep the fluid clean and flowing.
12:30 pm - Had the epidural. This part wasn't as bad as I had remembered. I was still only dialated to a 4 at this point.
2:30 pm - The nurse was checking me about every 15 minutes because I had been dialating fast. When I was at an 8, I started feeling the contractions more and more. I had the anesteciologist (don't mind my spelling) come in and up the epidural medicine.
2:55 pm - Dr. was called in, I pushed through 2 contractions and she was here! She was born at 3:03 pm.
*She had dark brown hair and the cutest chubby cheeks. It was love at first sight!*
Avery Lyn Wood
7 lbs. 8 oz
20 inches long


At my 39 week appt I was I dialated to a 2. If I hadn't had the baby by my next appt the dr would strip my membrains and we would go from there. But a few days later, I ended up calling the Dr and scheduling to be induced. My mom was here from Hawaii but was going to be in Salt Lake for 3 days because my dad was having surgery. So to make sure the baby came when my mom would be here, we scheduled to go into the hospital March 29.
7:00 am - We got to the hospital, did paper work, got hooked up to my IVs and they started my first dose of antibiotic for Group Strep B. I HATE this! My whole arm feels like it's on fire for about 1/2 hour. They try and get at least 2 doses of this in, one dose every 4 hours.
9:00 am - Pitocin was started.
10:30 am - The dr came in and broke my water. The fluid was a greenish color which meant baby had had a bowel movement. Because of this, they hooked me up to a hose that shot water inside to keep the fluid clean and flowing.
12:30 pm - Had the epidural. This part wasn't as bad as I had remembered. I was still only dialated to a 4 at this point.
2:30 pm - The nurse was checking me about every 15 minutes because I had been dialating fast. When I was at an 8, I started feeling the contractions more and more. I had the anesteciologist (don't mind my spelling) come in and up the epidural medicine.
2:55 pm - Dr. was called in, I pushed through 2 contractions and she was here! She was born at 3:03 pm.
*She had dark brown hair and the cutest chubby cheeks. It was love at first sight!*
Avery Lyn Wood
7 lbs. 8 oz
20 inches long
No comments:
Post a Comment