Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Gotta LOVE Weekends!

This last weekend was a great few days. Friday night Ben and I went on a date, which we haven't been able to do in awhile. We went to dinner at Biaggio's (excellent Italian) and then saw "Bride Wars". Ben wasn't too excited about the movie but he knew I was looking forward to seeing it. Then Saturday Aleisha (Ben's sis) and I went to the "Successful Mothering Convention" at the Expo Center while Ben watched the four kiddos (thanks babe)! It was a fun day to just be me... not mom, wife, housecleaner, cook...just Tami! We listened to different speakers which was really motivating! Sometimes the monatany (sp?) of being a stay at home mom gets overwhelming. It was nice to fill my cup back up with energy, purpose, inspiration, appreciation and love. We also did some shopping (which is theraputic in and of itself) and went out to lunch. Now, the Cheesecake Factory and I have a special LOVE/HATE relationship. I really LOVE the food, HATE the long wait, LOVE the cheesecake, HATE the aftermath of eating the cheesecake. On a side note, can I just tell you how much I LOVE 9:00 am church! Sunday is a great day...again (our kids really had a tough time with 1:00 church and sacrament being last). Now we have happy children and time on Sunday for Family Home Evening before Ben heads back to Vernal. Yeah for a fun weekend!

1 comment:

De'dy Meng said...

I am all about 9 am church as well. We have 1 pm church now and my kids are not adjusting well. I should say Dylan is not adjusting well. It is hard on the little ones. I am glad you had a great weekend. Sometimes you need that time to just be yourself. Living in mommy world is tough and rewarding all rapped into one. You are a wonderful mom Tami!