Life with two little boys is always crazy but for some reason, it seems the last few days are especially patience-testing. Let's just name a few situations:
*Going into Camden's room in the morning and finding he has taken his diaper off, pooped and spread it EVERYWHERE, including his smiling little face!
*Sunday afternoon Camden was bathed, lotioned, hair done, dressed for church and everything. He decides to go play with Mason whom is still in the tub. Not thinking it was too big a deal, I let him. Hmmm, bad mistake. Cam reaches into the tub to try and get a toy and yep, you guessed it...falls head first into the tub full of water in his church clothes!
*Same Sunday, Camden has a blow out diaper during sacrament all over his khaki, yes khaki shorts AND all over mom's skirt.
*Mason wakes up two nights in a row about five different times! The first night he wanted to change where he was sleeping. So he went from the bottom bunk, to his tent, to the top bunk to the floor! The second night he just needed a drink...EVERY TWO HOURS!!!
*Mason gets a hold of some scissors and decides to cut apart my scripture case that is on my nightstand. (I guess I should be thankful he didn't cut my scriptures since he LOVES to cut paper!)
Okay, so not the best of weeks but I have to say: One moment today just made everything else that has happened disappear...I went to use the bathroom and discovered...my three year old changed the toilet paper roll ALL BY HIMSELF! Maybe I am doing something right as a Mom!
8 comments:
My goodness!! The falling into the tub episode was priceless! Bad day...I'm not there quite yet, but I'm sure I will be soon. Being a mom is so tiring right? But so worth it when they give you kisses, loves and when your 3-year old changes the roll of toilet paper ALL BY HIMSELF! Go Mason!
Wow!! sounds like you had a long day. When we lived in Murray, Ut the church building was in our backyard so you would think that we would be on time each week. Well every Sunday morning as we were walking out to go to church Austin would blow out and we would have to change him. This happened 4 weeks in a row! Brodie had his turn and now Corbin is taking his.
Nick
I'm laughing so hard right now. I know, I know, it's really not "that kind" of funny. Especially since I've been there done that :) I guess when you hear someone else's horror stories they are humerous. Amazing how the entire day, or week, can be totally awful and the little monsters say or do ONE THING, just one, and all the bad from the whole week is forgotten? One of the many blessings of motherhood...short term memory :) Hang in there, you're doing a great job! Big kisses and hugs. Thanks for the giggle.
That is so exciting about the TP roll!! Go Mas! Now hopefully he will make you EXTRA happy and wake up dry the next 2 nights. I'm sorry they are testing you so much lately...at least they are such cute boys :) Hopefully, Addy & I are helping take a load off each afternoon when we come play...it's hopefully a little break for you!
Please call me any time you need a break. Funny..Wed afternoon I was going in to the grocery store & randomly I thought I should call you to see if you needed any groceries or help out. Unfortunately you didn't answer cause it sounds like maybe my instincts were right; Sorry, I should have left a message. Really though, now that I'll be home more I go a little stir crazy so utilize me.
We need to do a girls' night. Sunday when we went up the canyon I even got the boys to agree to watch Camden & Mason while all of us girls go see Mama Mia.
Holy cow sissy! time to hide the scissors and I guess just stop feeding camden! that will fix all the pooping problems! :/ so been there done that...two famous words JOCEE TROUBLE!! With poop AND scissors twice on her own hair!
Oh dear girl and I thought that my week was bad. I about died when I read your comment about Camden. Hang in there sweetie pie, it is all just a trial of our strength as moms. You are doing great!
Oh my word!! I am going to call you for tips when I become a mom. We definitely need to have a girls night out. We all want to do it!
Post a Comment