Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"What Doesn't Kill Us..."

"We can decide to let our trials crush us, or we can convert them to new forces of good."
-Helen Keller

"A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials."
-Chinese Proverb

When I look around and see the many different trials people go through, I realize just how blessed I am! I AM SO BLESSED! I have two happy, healthy boys who can make me smile at any second no matter what else is going on. I have a hardworking husband who keeps pushing forward without complaining. Ben lost his job the end of February. He is going to Vernal during the week to work for his dad. It's a long week without him here, but I am so grateful he has a place to work until we get things figured out. So...if anyone knows of any openings, please let us know. Word of mouth can sometimes have the best outcome. Ben's degree is in Business Information Systems. He worked for Verizon Wireless for four years in their Corporate Training Department.

I love this quote, it's just too cute!

"The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache."
-Marjorie P Hinckley

7 comments:

Shay said...

you guys are in our prayers. our ears are open & we'll let you know for sure

Mindy said...

Hang in there Tams...I'll continue praying for you, but I'm sure you know that my prayers are kind of biased towards a Vernal move! I'll try to pray for what YOU would like as well ;) Let us know if you need anything.

Penrod Family said...

UGH!!! I am so sorry to hear about Ben's job. I will e-mail my Ben immediately and have him keep his eyes open. Also I will pass the info on to my bro. in law who works for Novel. I am truly sorry! YOu are in our prayers.

The Hammonds said...

Tami,
I am so sorry. Scott is in the same boat. He was working for a startup company that ran out of capital so they had to let him go. As hard as it is you really are aware of all the good things you do have. Hang in there. We'll keep you in our prayers and let you know if we hear of anything.

Nick and Ashlee Weber Family said...

That is really hard to deal with, hope all goes well for you. Hey! I have an idea, we are going to Florida for the summer for work, June through Aug. Come along and our families can get to know each other better and make a little money in the meantime. Anyways good luck and we will keep you in our prayers.

Jaime said...

That is rough guys. I'm so sorry. You'll be in our prayers. Have you checked out ksl.com. They have a lot of job listings. You probably have but, if not. Good luck.

kennyandkristin said...

I am sorry that you are going through that. They always say that the rough times make us appreciate the good times but seriously....who wants to have the rough times. We will keep our eyes open for you! Good Luck!!