Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Snow and Christmas Eve

SNOW

Mason has really enjoyed the snow! Camden...not so much! Cam will get all his snow gear on, go outside for two minutes, and be done. He doesn't like the cold. We took the boys sledding and Mason loved it. He went down the first time all by himself, then the second time down, he went head first, on his tummy. But after about five times down, he was exhausted from hauling the sled back up the huge hill.

*snow angels*

*Mason, Lacey and Mark* *Dad and Mason**Camden's face the whole time we were sledding*


Christmas Eve

Instead of giving my parents gifts for Christmas they have asked their children to do a service, write it down and include a picture, and that letter is what they open on Christmas. I love this tradition they have started! This year we participated in a Christmas Eve dinner put together for the elderly in Vernal. I made four dozen rolls to contribute to the dinner then Ben and I delivered some of the dinners to the homes of those in need. Later that evening we went to Ben's parents home for a little program. We sang songs, read Luke 2 and read some cute kids Christmas stories. When we got home the boys got to open their Christmas Eve pajamas and read "Twas The Night Before Christmas."


What a great day!
Service, Remembering Christ's Birth, Family...That's what it's all about!!!


*It's Christmas Eve!*

*Cute boys in their cute new jammies*

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh Camden, I can totally relate with the snow! I don't like it much either. How funny! Your boys are getting so big! They look so excited with their new jammies on.

What a great idea your parents had. I bet they loved opening all of those letters on Christmas.
Looks like you had a great Christmas! Enjoy all that snow.

Penrod Family said...

Tami, I LOVE that idea about your parents and am going to suggest this to my family. YOu are a wonderful mother and example Tam, way to go miss! Your boys are growing so much, I cannot believe it! I think the older I get the less I enjoy the snow. I never thought I would say that I would be ok with living somewhere warmer. Happy late New Year, hope and pray you are doing well. YOur card was wonderful! xoxo Chan and boys

Sarah Larsen said...

That looks like so much fun! The p.j. pic is my favorite! We miss you guys! Oh and thanks for the darling Christmas card!