Monday, December 8, 2008

Gobble Gobble!

We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! We started out Thurs by going up to Farmington to Ben's grandpa's home. We enjoyed eating with about 40 of Ben's family members. After a delicious Thanksgiving lunch, Ben and I headed to the Tooele Senior Center. We volunteered to help out with the dinner for the homeless. We were scheduled to work for a few hours but when we arrived, there wasn't much to do. There were a lot more people who volunteered then expected (which of course is a good thing)...so we helped clean up and put the left over meals into packages. We then took the extra meals and went to the senior's who lived nearby and handed out Thanksgiving dinners to them. It felt wonderful to help out, even if it was just a little. Friday I woke up early (but not CRAZY early) to get some shopping done. I found a couple really good deals for Ben so it was worth it. Then later that afternoon we headed out East to Vernal. My parents decided last minute to come for Thanksgiving which lead to my brother from Spokane coming with his family too! So it was wonderful to have MOST of my family together for a few days.



One evening we left all the kiddos home and all the adults went to my grandparents for cake and ice cream. We were celebrating my grandpa's 80th birthday! Camden was the only little one who came and he LOVED all the attention! He was hyper and hilarious! He kept doing "tricks" to make everyone laugh like summersaults, jumping, twirling and kissing this ceramic dog.

Mason and Kristy






Mason and Camden playing in the clubhouse

Mason and his Gingerbread house

When my family gets together there are a few things you can count on:


The infamous chicken fights. Just for the record: Lindsey has been dethrowned and Sam is now the reigning champion.

Lightning on the basketball court


And... Lots and Lots of game playing!

It was great to hang out with both our families this Thanksgiving and we're so grateful to have such wonderful people in our lives!

1 comment:

Unlisted said...

I'm so bummed I missed all the fun. I can't believe you played lightning without me! I'll need a rematch next time we are all together.
We had a great Colorado Thanksgiving though. I actually feed 22 Cooks at one time! What an accomplishment!